Tuesday, June 17, 2008

To The Three Guys Who Made Me Me

Many people often ask me what I want to do in life. What career am I pursueing or what do I want to go to school for. I mention worship arts and sudenly the tables turn into a "well you know you can't make six figures and suport a family with that Jordan." And of course I take it as constructive criticism, brush it off my sholders and move on. But then I stop to think about it and I'm like....who says. There are three people in my life that have been romodels for me in ways they'll never know. These three guys represent the one thing I wont most in life. Suporting a family, but having a job that most importantly they love to do. So I wanted to say a few things about these three people. To Curtis...in the begining we weren't really close, but I tell you what you were always there as an inspiration to me, musicaly and spiritualy. You're quite possibly one of the most spiritually gifted people I have ever met and now that we've had the opertunity to become closer friends you have inspired me to be so much more than I set out to bcome. To Shane...man you have no idea how much you have tought me in the year that I've known you. You took my sence of perspective blown it wide open. You've been so patient with me with all my annoying questions about lights and you have given me a huge artistic lisence with overdrive. I am so greatful for that and the view you've given me at keeping god at the focal point of production. Finally to Billy....haha it all started with you my friend. You and I have come along way these past two years. I don't know exactly how to describe our relationship, because in some cases your the brother I never had, but in others your that fatherly figure that kept me in line and out of trouble. You brought me in to this production world and I'll never forget that. I hope one day I'll be taking you out to lunch with my slave like you me and Rob did that one time. You are probably the biggest inspiration in my life with four amaizing kids and a wife that your happily maried to. Most importantly you don't let the factor of money get in your way. You are living proof that you can suport a family working for a church and every day I look ujp to you as the person who I want to be compared to when I get older. We've become really close friends the past two years and I can't wait to see what the future has instore. O and don't wory I will never forget where I came from (Audio).
This has been a very emotional and spiritual last two years for me at FCC and I can't wait to see whats going to happen in the years to come. But for all of you out there who doubt my choice of career I want you to take a hard and long look at these three guys. They're living proof, and I know I wouldn't be who I am today without them.

No comments: